Hello and welcome to the "Praying Grandmothers" blog. Our purpose as "Praying Grandmothers" is to intercede for our grandchildren and the world they live in with short, simple, specific prayers to our God who is in Heaven. We believe that "the effective prayer of a righteous man (or grandmother) can accomplish much!" (James 5:16).
Our desire is to encourage you to pray for your grandchildren, and to find and meet with other grandmothers who feel "called to prayer" and are committed to one another on a monthly basis.
To form a "Praying Grandmothers" group in your church or neighborhood:
1. Begin praying today for your grandchildren and their world (parents, teachers, friends, mentors, pastors, national leaders, etc.).
2. Pray and ask the Lord to help you identify others who have a heart to intercede and who will be committed to the group on a monthly basis. Then, invite these grandmothers to join your prayer group.
3. Choose a day and time that is agreeable to everyone. Plan to eat lunch together after your prayer time (covered dish, packed lunch, brown bag, restaurant, etc.). Remember that the focus of coming together is to pray; it is not about lunch. Our group celebrates birthdays each month (cards only; no gifts!).
4. Prepare the Directory and the Group Prayer Request Book in which you will record specific requests for each grandchild and the answers to prayers.
5. Define the Leader of the Group. The group leader is responsible for leading the group prayer time and maintaining the Group Prayer Request Book. The group leader is also responsible to choose a Scripture from God's Word to pray over all the grandchildren during the month. It is also a good idea for the leader to make reminder phone calls each month.
6. Encourage members to pray those specific requests and the Scripture for all the grandchildren for the entire month.
7. During the meeting time, you are encouraged to begin in silence to quiet your minds, and to draw near to God. Next, spend time praising and thanking God for answered prayers. Then, share short and specific requests for your grandchildren and their world, keeping all requests confidential. Spend time praying very simple, short, and specific prayers for these requests, remembering also to pray the selected Scripture over all the grandchildren.
8. At the conclusion of prayer time, spend time fellowshipping with your sisters in Christ. Remember that the purpose in meeting together is to intercede. The purpose of your meeting is not to socialize. Always take care of God's business first, before you take care of your own!
9. Tell your grandchildren that you are praying for them. Also share with them how you are praying for them.
10. Be encouraged by God's faithfulness as you see your requests answered! Rejoice together in the goodness of God in every situation.
Thank you for your tender hearts to pray, and may the Lord bless you as you pray and seek Him on behalf of your grandchildren. To God be the glory!
We would love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com.