Monday, November 16, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
We may bless their lives with the power of our prayers, and by example, leave a picture of our faith. When the Apostle Paul wrote Timothy to encourage him, he said, "I constantly remember you in my prayers...I have been reminded of your sincere faith which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also." 2 Timothy 1: 3, 5.
What is your inheritance plan for your grandchildren? Please spend a moment in quiet reflection and prayer to consider this question. Record the first things that are revealed to you and make your own inheritance plan!
- Salvation - Acts 2:21
- Purity - 1 Timothy 4:12
- Godly relationships - Psalm 1: 1-2
- Revelation of God's Word, and teachable moments - Psalm 25:4
You are welcome to share your inheritance plan in our comments section. I love your praying heart!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- Trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior - "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27
- Develop discipline of prayer and time in God's Word - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6. "I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119: 15-16
- Develop sensitivity to the Spirit of God - "The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things ad will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26
- Receive godly, wise counsel - "My son pay attention to wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge." Proverbs 5: 1-2
- Obey God - "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." Psalm 119: 60
- Choose activities wisely - "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
All Scriptures NIV.
Friday, July 17, 2009
- To know Jesus Christ as Savior and to desire an intimate relationship with Him (Mark 10: 13-16)
- To look for spiritual lessons in everyday situations (Matthew 25:35-40).
- To see other people with love and kindness, just as God does (Romans 12: 9-10).
I love you and your praying hearts!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
"We the people..." In a land of freedom, when Americans speak of "the nation", it is "us" we speak of...not just the leaders, not just the Congress or President, but every man, woman, and child living here today. So as we pray, think on the fact that we are praying for each other, our children, and our children's children until Jesus returns.
Everything that happens in a nation affects the children and the generations to come. The strength, peace, and hope of a great country depends on a people who are willing to fall on their knees and cry out to God to guide us in the days to come. Let us, as Praying Grandmothers, be that people, and praise our God for the freedom to pray and worship Him., as we remember His promise: "Call to Me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV).
As America celebrates it 233rd birthday, pray for:
- The President, Cabinet, Congress, Supreme Court, as well as state and local leaders
- The military and their families
- Comfort and peace for the bereaved
- Church and spiritual leaders and their families
- Spiritual renewal for our churches
- The laws of this land to line up with the Word of God
- For wholesome and godly music, videos, and movies
- For schools, that they be taught of the Lord and that their peace will be great
- For our nation to return to a pure mind
- To be a secure nation with godly values
- For people (friends, loved ones, neighbors, and enemies) to know the Lord Jesus as Savior
Happy Birthday America! May you be blessed of the LORD.
Your prayers for America are welcome in our comments section.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Happy Father's Day to all our fathers, sons, and grandsons!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Psalm 92 is a song for the Sabbath, a song of worship. Worship is good, pleasant, beneficial, and appropriate. In this context, the psalmist lists three ways worship is demonstrated: by giving thanks, singing praises, and declaring God’s attributes. The psalmist is motivated to worship because the LORD has made him glad. The author rejoices because of what the LORD has done. God destroys the wicked; and He causes the righteous to prosper, so that we may proclaim His righteousness.
· Repentance (2 Peter 3:9)
· Outpouring of His Spirit in families, churches, nation (Joel 2:28)
· Thankful hearts (Psalm 92:1; 1 Thess. 5:18)
· Worship the LORD joyfully and wholeheartedly (Psalm 92:1-3; Psalm 9:1)
· Abundance (Psalm 92: 12-14; John 10:10)
· Bold declaration of God’s goodness and righteousness (Psalm 92: 15; Psalm 78:4)
What has the LORD done recently? For what are you rejoicing? We welcome your comments!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
- Unite in repentance and prayer
- Work together as God's servants for the blessing and healing of the Nations.
Please join Christians from all nations, cultures, and denominations to unite in prayer on Pentecost Sunday, 31 May 2009.
For more information, and to download "A Prayer for the World", please click here.