"Give thanks to the LORD, and call upon His Name," (1 Chronicles 16:8). In other words, start every prayer with thanksgiving before you lift your petitions to God. God loves our appreciation for the great things He has done for us.
Colossians 2:7 says to "overflow with thanksgiving". I believe that there are great benefits of having a thankful heart:
- A thankful heart is a happy heart.
- A thankful heart is a faithful heart.
- A thankful heart is full of love and joy.
- A thankful heart is a respectful heart.
- A thankful heart is an open heart.
- A thankful heart is a worshipping heart.
So, let us teach our grandchildren, by our own example, to have a thankful heart and to "give thanks to God in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).