"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
the people He chose for His inheritance."
Psalm 33:12 (NIV)
"We the people..." In a land of freedom, when Americans speak of "the nation", it is "us" we speak of...not just the leaders, not just the Congress or President, but every man, woman, and child living here today. So as we pray, think on the fact that we are praying for each other, our children, and our children's children until Jesus returns.
Everything that happens in a nation affects the children and the generations to come. The strength, peace, and hope of a great country depends on a people who are willing to fall on their knees and cry out to God to guide us in the days to come. Let us, as Praying Grandmothers, be that people, and praise our God for the freedom to pray and worship Him., as we remember His promise: "Call to Me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV).
As America celebrates it 233rd birthday, pray for:
- The President, Cabinet, Congress, Supreme Court, as well as state and local leaders
- The military and their families
- Comfort and peace for the bereaved
- Church and spiritual leaders and their families
- Spiritual renewal for our churches
- The laws of this land to line up with the Word of God
- For wholesome and godly music, videos, and movies
- For schools, that they be taught of the Lord and that their peace will be great
- For our nation to return to a pure mind
- To be a secure nation with godly values
- For people (friends, loved ones, neighbors, and enemies) to know the Lord Jesus as Savior
Happy Birthday America! May you be blessed of the LORD.
Your prayers for America are welcome in our comments section.